Bitter gourd - 3 nos
Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
Garlic pods - 7-8 nos
Ginger - 2" piece (cut finely)
Red Chilly- 10 nos
Green chillies - 7 -8
Fenugreek - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Tamarind juice (concentrate) - 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Oil - 5 tbsp
Salt - As reqd
Curry leaves- As reqd
Method of Preparation
- Cut bitter gourds into thin round pieces and to it add a tbsp of salt and a tbsp of chilly powder. Mix it well and keep it over night.
- Drain the water and squeeze out the excess water from the bitter gourd and keep it in sun light for a day.
- Fry fenugreek and red chilly without oil. Grind it and make the masala powder.
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Then add green chilly, ginger and garlic.
- When it gets half fried add the masala. Powder.
- To it add the bitter gourd pieces and vinegar and mix well.
- Add salt as required.
- Finally add Asafoetida and heat till bitter gourd is cooked.
- Remove from flame.
|Bitter Gourd Pickle|
Now it’s ready. Eat along with steamed rice.
Mmmmm………what a taste. I am sure that you will like it.